Views
Helpful
Replies

4400 series Controller- Disabling certain alarms

ralphfowler
Level 1
Level 1

I'm being driven crazy by alarms!!

I have a muni mesh system, I have no wired APs other than a few RAPS.

I do not care about Rogue access points (have no wired network so they aren't a threat), nor do I care (right now) about possible security attacks or many of the other things that cause these flashing circles on the WCS visual map display.

I need to disable these two features entirely for now. I am well aware of parent changes, suspected attacks, coverage holes and rogues!

I can change the notification level to information only, but I still get the map display.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Ralph

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On the controller(s) you can go to "security" --> "Wireless Protection Policies" and then which ever you are looking for. Such as "Rouge Policies" and de-select "Detect and report Ad-Hoc Networks" You can also tell it not to scan for rogues or detect and report on attacks. Pending which version of WCS you are running you can tell it to only keep certain alarms for so long.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Yep, the prescription for extra strength tylenols. LOL Seriously, I'll look into it.

On the controller(s) you can go to "security" --> "Wireless Protection Policies" and then which ever you are looking for. Such as "Rouge Policies" and de-select "Detect and report Ad-Hoc Networks" You can also tell it not to scan for rogues or detect and report on attacks. Pending which version of WCS you are running you can tell it to only keep certain alarms for so long.

Thanks Justin.

You would not believe how much time I spent poring over menus and not finding that myself.

That did the trick.

Thanks

Ralph

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card