Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 express setup failure

machasm11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I hope someone may be able to help here.

I cannot get the 2950 to enter into the express setup mode. Nor can I get it to reset by holding down the mode button for 10 secs.

is this feature only available in later versions of IOS?

If so then how do I configure the switch with an ip address for management purposes?

I will try to find out the version of IOS tonight but I think it might be 12.1.11. Does that make any sense?

Thanks.

Mac.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The switch might have express setup disabled via the no setup express command. In which case you can use the same steps for password recovery to get into the switch and configure the information you need, or to re-enable express setup if that is what you want to do.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

do you mean when you connect console cable you get nothing ?

Hi Thanks for the reply

What I mean is that according to the manual I should be able to get the LEDs above the mode button to light up after holding the mode button for 2 secs. This would indicate that the 2950 has entered experss setup mode. I should then be able to connect a pc via a web broswer to 10.0.0.1.

I can't get the LEDs to light up correctly.i.e I can't get the 2950 into express setup mode.

Furthermore, I am unable to reset the 2950 by holding the mode button for greater than 8 secs again in the manual.

If I use a console cable I get a boot sequence after plugging the switch into power. After POST, however, I am unable to access any commands via the console either.

Can you help?

Mac.

The switch might have express setup disabled via the no setup express command. In which case you can use the same steps for password recovery to get into the switch and configure the information you need, or to re-enable express setup if that is what you want to do.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

Hope that helps.

Thank-you.

That did the trick.

Mac.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco