cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RAS access via multilink PPP

cconroy
Level 1
Level 1

I need to establish RAS access to my network via an ISDN PRI line. Most users will be single POTS line users but I'll also need to allow bundled POTS line users via Microsoft multilink PPP. I'm planning to order a Cisco 2811 to handle this using a NM-1CE1T1-PRI module for the PRI and a PVDM2-24DM for the calls. Will this setup handle my requirments?

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco Digital Modem PVDMs are designed to be used in conjunction with the single or dual ISDN PRI network module NM-1CE1T1-PRI (1-Port Channelized E1/T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module). so Its sufficent for your needs.

Thanks for your response. I have since determined that this was exactly what I needed and have oredered and rece'd all but the PVDMs. Apparently, finding light in a black hole might be easier than obtaining one of this modules. Thanks again.

I have 20 leased line with 256 kpbs sharing on 2 E1 links on the module NM-1CE1T1-PRI (1-Port Channelized E1/T1/ISDN-PRI Network Module).

Now we are migrating those 20 line to 2 mbps leased line, i wanted to know that using PVDM can i used the existing 20 lines as backup isdn line ?

We use RAS for dialup and want to remove RAS device so my question is can i use the cards mentioned above so that 20 locations can dial in with on the present E1 card without using patton RAS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: