cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UT End Host report in CiscoWorks

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed on some of my 3550's I am able to obtain hostname, IP address, and subnet info for a particular pc or service plugged inot Network devices. At my other location i'm not able to obtain any of this information all fields are blank witht he exception of the Mac Address field, Device name, Port, and Vlan.

What statement needs to be applied on the Network devices for me to obtain this information for user tracking.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to get IP and hostname for an end host, you must first be managing the router that holds the end host's ARP information in Campus Manager. This means that the router should appear green with the correct icon on the Topology Map (i.e. it has been Data Collected). Once that happens, UT will pull the ARP records from that device, and populate the end host table accordingly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to get IP and hostname for an end host, you must first be managing the router that holds the end host's ARP information in Campus Manager. This means that the router should appear green with the correct icon on the Topology Map (i.e. it has been Data Collected). Once that happens, UT will pull the ARP records from that device, and populate the end host table accordingly.

Thanks for the answer...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: