cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm recovery disk 5.1

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

It may be a silly question , but I`m supporting a 5.1.3 install without the install media. It has been suggested that I downward the recovery disk for 5.1(3) from CCO, in the event that we have to blow around install can I install using this disk only. Connected to this question is the license files. I can view the files, so do I just copy and paste them from the screen and save them to a file, if so what do I save the file as - .lic ? also what do i call them - the same name as previous

5 Replies 5

ivan.garrido
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I ´m also supporting a cucm 5.1.2 install  without the install media.

I download the ISO recovery file for cucm 5.1.2 ,  burn it and maked a bootable disc. I boot a PC  with this disc and I saw that the "install menu" appear. I supose that I can use this disc to rebuild a failed suscriber server....??

Any comment are  welcome.

Thanks!!!!

kvancoil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using the recovery CD you can not install the software itself, you need the install media for that. More information on how to get these can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a00802262ed.shtml

Regarding the licenses you can copy/paste, just make sure that you don't put any additional characters in the file. If any issues our licensing team can always generate the licenses again as well. An alertative is to download them via cli:

file list license /

file get license

Thanks,

Kristof

Thanks Kristof!

Please, let me say you, I´m tryng to download or obtain the install cd...but I still can´t.

The CCM that We are using is 5.1.2.1000-11.

Actually, I have the 5.1.2.1000-11_recovery.iso and I burned a booteable disc..When I use this booteable disc in a server I I see the "Instalation CCM 5.1.2 Menu" on the screen....Why? Then the question is ... what can I really use this CD for? recovery file system only? other uses?

Thanks for you help!!!

Hi Ivan,

Please refer to the following discussion.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3434429#3434429

-Atul

Please rate, if this helps!!

Hi Ivan,

Recovery cd is used for system check only, you can not install using this cd. You can also not download bootable/installable media from cisco.com. To get these you either have to order them through PUT or maybe your account team can help as well.

Please mark this topic as answered if case your questions are answered.

Thanks,

Kristof

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: