WLC dhcp request from Pix501 Help

Unanswered Question
Nov 14th, 2007
User Badges:

Not sure wether to put this here or in Firewalling. May do both if no one minds.

Basically in effort to setup guest access off of the WLC, I want to put a pix on the dsl line to protect my network. I've set this up as a DHCP server for the guest net and it works fine, as long as the DHCP request is not coming from the controller. I'm guessing this due to the WLC being a DHCP Relay agent and the PIX rejecting it. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this problem? I've tested with a simple linksys dsl router and it will respond to DHCP requests from the WLC like a champ, but I will need to use the 501 for security compliance. I could always put the pix in between the linksys and the dsl modem, but i would like to consolidate if possible. Curious how others have resolved the DHCPRelay agent issue with various software packages and hardware such as the 501. thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
raun.williams Thu, 11/15/2007 - 09:15
User Badges:

How does this work on the WLC? Does it only give out IP's for an interface in that network? I don't want it giving out ips to my other wlans?

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network