cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2.1 CUBI tool - Dr. Watson error

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.1 ES83 w/E2k3 offbox UM - when we run the CUBI tool, at the end of all of the selections when you select next to import from a CSV file, the CUBI window just closes without an error. If you look in the application event logs, you see the following:

Event Type: Information

Event Source: DrWatson

Event Category: None

Event ID: 4097

Date: 11/14/2007

Time: 3:22:23 PM

User: N/A

Computer: USFRPM103

Description:

The application, D:\CommServer\Utilities\CiscoUnityBulkImport\CUBI.Exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 11/14/2007 @ 15:22:23.375 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 4FEF5213 (MFC42u!Ordinal858)

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this as I have now seen it a few times on a few different servers with 4.2.1- is this a known issue or bug? I cant reboot the server at this time, or stop / restart unity so thought I would check here before taking any other measures. I have used the CUBI tool on this particular server several times to import users without issues. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I searched the bug database, but I didn't see any open CUBI defects like this. There were some old defects that supposedly have been fixed where CUBI would throw an exception when it had problems connecting to a DC/GC due to problems with DNS (CSCsb56521).

What headers are in the CSV file? Also, how many rows are in the CSV file? Just wondering if there's a particular column header that CUBI doesn't like, or if CUBI is choking because of the size of the CSV file.

Nancy

It would be good to know what process Dr. Watson is throwing the exception on as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: