cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing IP Queue Manager with IPCC Enterprise 7.0

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm trying to understand something that I cannot find addressed in the product documentation about setup.

I have the CCM cluster set up and running.

I have a pair of IP Queue Manager servers that will be used for both fault tolerance and load balancing with an IPCC Ent. 7.0 install. I have a total of 80 ports purchased.

Question 1. Since these systems are fault tolerant, do all 80 ports (licenses) get installed on both servers?

Question 2. When I set up the CTI port groups on the first server, they are immediately visible on the second server if I look in the port groups. Is this normal? Do they not have their own individual ports they use? Or did I mess something up during the install?

TIA for insights.

2 Replies 2

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi there,

if I understand you properly you purchased the HA option, if it is the case you have 80 ports licensed and 80 will be available for use, no matter which IVR and if it is the case of HA the setup behavior is correct, you will see them created with a different suffix for the second IVR.

Look at the SRND Guide of IPCCE on how to balance and check the use of IVR ports in this scenario from an ICM scripting prospective.

Regards,

Riccardo

Actually, that isn't it at all. This is IPCC Enterprise, not express.

Turns out the documentation isn't specific on this, but you must create a separate JTAPI user for EACH server in the IPCC Ent. system. It's also best if each is in its own profile.

When I redid the installation of the systems with this extra bit of undocumented info, it came up like I would have expected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: