cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router booting in Rommom mode no Image---Urgent

ghanshyam.saini
Level 1
Level 1

I was upgrading image of router 3725 and old image deleted...in between(accedentely) the router reloaded and now booting in rommon mode as there is no image in flash...please suggest how to uload new image...Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

Dont panic u can still upload the ios with xmodem via rommon.

please refer the link for detailed procedure. It has helped me & hope u'll succedd as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

Pls rate if helped.

Hi,

Please set the baud rate to 115200, otherwise the transfer will take ages to complete.

-Sai.

Do I need to change conf reg as well before transfering

No need for changing the conf reg

Excuse me, why is that one has have to use xmodem when LAN interface are avaialable ?

At rommon prompt, type "tftpdnld". It will list the variables that need to be set. Set themform rommon promtp, connect tftp server to router lowest lan interface and repeat tftpdnld.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi

bevilacqua has nailed it. it will take ages with xmodem (i have used it when i was not aware abt the rommon procedure).. :)

attached is the doc for this process ( for 2600 router, will be same for 3700 also)

chk the "Copying an Image from a TFTP Server Using the tftpdnld Command " section.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/2600/hardware/installation/guide/2600appB.html

HTH

rgds

rajat

As you know I have router 3725 and the reason why i was upgrading the image was when I try to configure BGP router ASN it gives Protocol not in this Image and even after image upgrade ( now c3725-ipbase-mz.123-9e) it shows the same please help

You may need "sp" or "advanced ip services" image for BGP, not "ip base".

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: