Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS 4240 in In-line

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Pros,

I need really your help on to implement the ips 4240 x 2 in inline mode for the 4 firewall segemnts (inside, outside, DMZ1, DMZ2)

Please explain me how to add the internal networks to the IPS and the steps to confiure it.

Thanks

swami

3 Replies 3

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

Your 4240 only has 4 physical interfaces. If you want to make them in line pairs, your 4240 will only be in line on two segments; inside and DMZ1 for example.

If you need the 4240 be in line on all four segments then you will have to use an external switch to trunk the VLANs to the 4240 and configure VLAN Pairs.

There are many wonderful examples in the cisco documentation to show you how to accomplishment this.

cashqoo
Level 1
Level 1

I guess you should be getting IPS v6.0.

you can refer to "http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids13/index.htm" for as a starter guide.

* Installing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System Appliances and Modules 6.0

* Installing and Using Cisco Intrusion Prevention System Device Manager 6.0

Dear,

In my setup, the core switch 4507R connected to 2 3560 edge switches via separate trunk dot1q link. Each trunk carry 2 vlans (2-data, 9-voice)

I need to add the vlan 2 in inline mode.

I confused to place the IPS in this setup.

How can i place the IPS in inline between core and two edge switches for monitor vlan 2 traffic.

Waiting for your reply

Thnaks

swami

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: