Views
Helpful
Replies

Utlite and NDS names

neildeane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to get CiscoWorks UT to collect Novell NDS names from Windows clients. However I'm just getting the Windows username rather than NDS.

I'm passing in the parameters as per instructions in UTLiteNDS.bat and specifying the name of the NDS tree for the "-domain" parameter. I have the "-nds" specified.

I'm assuming NDS tree name is correct for the "-domain" parameter ?

Is there a dependancy on a particular Novell client ?

Thanks,

Neil.

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

NDS hosts are collected the same way as Windows clients are. so follow same windows clients procedure , but the script for Novell hosts is called UTLiteNDS.bat.

Hi,

I know that the script is UTLiteNDS.bat but when I run it I get the Windows username and not the Novell NDS username.

The Windows username is no use to me because its the same on every client.

In the script options there are a number of parameters one of which is "-domain". But, in a Novell scenario "domains" do not exist. The equivalent, in my view, would be the NDS Tree name. But it could also be the Novell Server Name or maybe even the context in which the user object resides.

I've tried each of these and still just get the Windows username in the UT database.

So what should be specified (if anything) for the "-domain" parameter in a Novell scenario ?

Theres also a "-nds" parameter which I've specified in all my tests.

In the script notes it indicates that UTLite will "try" and collect Novell NDS names when "-nds" is specified on the command line.

This raises other questions; supported version of Windows ? tested version of Novell Client ? (How hard does it "try" ?)

Regards,

Neil.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: