cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4505R GUI in Network Assistant

hans.o.moe
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4507R and I can not get the graphical User Interface as I do on 2960 in Network assistant. Does anybody have a solution to this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, the web-based device manager (which is a different product) is not supported on the C45xx devices like it is supported on switches like 2960.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

aborole
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The title says 4505R and question is about 4507R - which one of these is not showing up ? 4505R is not a supported device type currently but 4507R is supported.

Sorry, It is a 4507R...

Can you add it to the network assistant community ? If it cannot be added as a community member then that might be the problem. network assistant looks for exact model number - what is the exact model number WS-C4507Rxxxxxx seen in show version ? and hat is the version of network assistant ?

Yes, it is in the community, and I can use the tools in the left hand side to manage it, but When I right click and select manage I do not get the graphic as on the 2960G switch

In show version it says Cisco WS-C4507R(MPC8245). The IOS version is 12.2(37)SG1

My Network assistant is version 5.2, just downloaded from the Cisco Web site.

If it is already a managed device and you can use some features with it, I assume what is not available for that device is simply not yet supported on that device type. what is the exact dialog or functionality that you want to use ?

I found something that is useful, if I select view and Frontpanel, I get some of it. However, I am not able to monitor thefans and temperatures in the switch.

On the 2960G I can right click, and select Device manager. I am then prompted for Level15 password, and then I get a webpage with an overview of the switch status. This would be useful for the 4507R as well. If I do the seame on that switch I am prompted for password, and get only a menu which do not geive me the status page,...

yes, the web-based device manager (which is a different product) is not supported on the C45xx devices like it is supported on switches like 2960.