cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4505R GUI in Network Assistant

hans.o.moe
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4507R and I can not get the graphical User Interface as I do on 2960 in Network assistant. Does anybody have a solution to this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, the web-based device manager (which is a different product) is not supported on the C45xx devices like it is supported on switches like 2960.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

aborole
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The title says 4505R and question is about 4507R - which one of these is not showing up ? 4505R is not a supported device type currently but 4507R is supported.

Sorry, It is a 4507R...

Can you add it to the network assistant community ? If it cannot be added as a community member then that might be the problem. network assistant looks for exact model number - what is the exact model number WS-C4507Rxxxxxx seen in show version ? and hat is the version of network assistant ?

Yes, it is in the community, and I can use the tools in the left hand side to manage it, but When I right click and select manage I do not get the graphic as on the 2960G switch

In show version it says Cisco WS-C4507R(MPC8245). The IOS version is 12.2(37)SG1

My Network assistant is version 5.2, just downloaded from the Cisco Web site.

If it is already a managed device and you can use some features with it, I assume what is not available for that device is simply not yet supported on that device type. what is the exact dialog or functionality that you want to use ?

I found something that is useful, if I select view and Frontpanel, I get some of it. However, I am not able to monitor thefans and temperatures in the switch.

On the 2960G I can right click, and select Device manager. I am then prompted for Level15 password, and then I get a webpage with an overview of the switch status. This would be useful for the 4507R as well. If I do the seame on that switch I am prompted for password, and get only a menu which do not geive me the status page,...

yes, the web-based device manager (which is a different product) is not supported on the C45xx devices like it is supported on switches like 2960.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: