CISCO and braindumps

Unanswered Question
Nov 15th, 2007

Hi all,

recently took the CCNA certification and i'm very happy for that.

Reading some topic on various forums on Internet, I found that CISCO does not have any position about the use of braindumps (expecially from testking.com), I am very surprised about that, because when I gave my exam, They required me to sign numerous times their policies, You can find that complete here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le11/learning_certification_exam_policies.html

that say that the material of the exam is strictly confidential, do not disseminate test questions etc. etc. etc. and various harassments if I was infringing them, at all also when I read that Microsoft and CompTia have brought a lawsuit against testking.com for "distribution of practice questions in its guides that are "either identical or substantially similar to Microsoft's copyrighted exam questions and answers."

Well, I could see that use of braindumps from testking and similia is very widespread and this is quite a detriment for CISCO certifications generally.

I found nothing and seems to me a blatant contradiction with their policies.

Thank You and excuse me for some error in the writing, but english is not my motherlanguage.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mnorwood Thu, 11/15/2007 - 06:16

People that use braindumps to pass their exams are only hurting themselves in the long run. At some point, they will have to apply their skills that they should have by nature of their certification. When they can't perform, they'll be shown the door. I realize this isn't always the case, but I have seen my share of people with certifications run out the door because they could not perform to the level their certification demanded.

I suppose I could go on and on about how the braindump users swell the ranks of certified individuals with people who haven't the slightest idea what they are doing and simply want a bigger check, but I wouldn't be telling you anything you don't already know.

The bottom line is simply that you either know the material or you don't. It's better to take a test and fail, then to guess and barely pass. At least by failing you have to go back and go over the sections you are deficient in. Barely passing without really understanding the material is going to hurt when you try and advance to a higher certification level. You might as well learn the stuff from the beginning.

Just my 2 cents.

justinmitchell Thu, 11/15/2007 - 08:19

I agree with mnorwood. I am actually amazed at the number of people who won't spend $50-60 on the books which have a of useful information, but will spend the money on a braindump or other study guide and wonder why they fail exam. I understand wanting to be certified but it doesn't do anybody any good when people with certs don't know squat.

I studied 3-4 hours a day for 2 months to earn my CCNA and I still feel I don't know everything I should know, but I have the basics down and by continuously practicing and studying my skills will improve. That helps both me and my employer.

justinmitchell Thu, 11/15/2007 - 08:19

I agree with mnorwood. I am actually amazed at the number of people who won't spend $50-60 on the books which have a ton of useful information, but will spend the money on a braindump or other study guide and wonder why they fail exam. I understand wanting to be certified but it doesn't do anybody any good when people with certs don't know squat.

I studied 3-4 hours a day for 2 months to earn my CCNA and I still feel I don't know everything I should know, but I have the basics down and by continuously practicing and studying my skills will improve. That helps both me and my employer.

Actions

This Discussion