cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7936 Conference Station boot issues

sydneyd
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7936 that has been configured on CCM 4.2. The phone does not boot, when a network cable is connect an error message is displayed stating "Unable to contact TFTP server".

I would like to reset the phone to factory settings. I cannot do thjis via the phone web page as I cannot even ping the device

2 Replies 2

ckltd7401
Level 1
Level 1

To manually reset the 7936 to factory defaults, you need to enter the Admin Setup menu on the physical phone and select "Restore Defaults". You may be prompted for the passcode before gaining access to the Admin Setup menu; default passcode is **# key sequence on the phone. I've got a 7936 doing the same thing. I have already reset to factory defaults and can ping all UCCM servers in the cluster; still getting "Cannot contact TFTP server". I'm actively searching the forums for answers; found your post from almost a year ago. I hope this helps you, but it didn't help me. :-(

ck

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sydneyd,

Do you have a ip address listed in the TFTP field on the phone?

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: