cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover OFF after apply license Key??

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

We have active/standy ASA5520 with 7.22 code.

I just applied 10 SSL VPN license to both ASA. When I type "show failover", it shows "Failover OFF" at primary ASA.

It shows "Failover Off (pseudo-Standby)" at secondary ASA.

The license seems identical on both ASA.

You guys know what happen?? How to fix it?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

elparis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What is the output from "show run failover"?

Sorry, and also what is the output from "show version"?

i'm confused what the problem here is.

Is failover now not part of your license (show version will tell us this)? Or is failover simply turned off in the config (turn back on by typing "failover", along w/ rest of failover config if that's missing too).

Hi guy,

Thanks for help. Active/standby has been configured one year ago, we just bought TWO of 10 SSL VPN License.

Please see the attachment for pimary and secondary (show ver and show run failover).

It seems failover turn off after apply the ssl vpn license.

If I turn it on now, will that affect traffic?

Thanks

Everything looks good - from both a configuration point of view and from a license point of view.

The only missing thing is to turn failover on:

configure terminal

failover

write memory

Do this on the primary unit first, and then on the secondary a minute later.

I am assuming that failover was working fine before you updated your license.

Traffic should not be affected when you turn failover on.

IT is working now... appreciated your help.

I did what you say... and no configuration need on secondary, coz it will push from primary to secondary.

Thanks again..

No problem; glad it helped.

Yes, on the secondary there is nothing that needs to be done from a configuration point of view, with the exception of the basic failover commands:

failover lan unit secondary

failover lan interface

failover key XXXXXXX

failover interface ip standby

failover

After this basic configuration is in place the rest of the configuration will be replicated from the primary unit. In your case you already had all the failover configuration, so just turning failover on with the "failover" command put the secondary in standby mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: