Passed 640-802: Training tips

Unanswered Question
Nov 15th, 2007

I passed the CCNA exam today with 986.

Training Tips:

1. I had Global Knowledge training about 3 weeks ago. When I completed the training, I just spent a lot of time going over the material that was given. The instructor taught us an easy way to subnet which helped a lot. This is where you have to figure out how much time each day you need to spend on a subject or objective until you get it. For me, I spent a couple of weekends locked up in my room (what was the outcome of that NE and Indy game?).

2. I used Boson NetSim to get more experience with configuring a router and a switch. Boson is OK, but there were some commands that were not used that were needed on the test for troubleshooting issues. If there is a better simulator out there, go for it. For me, I was lucky enough to have some lab material from Global Knowledge that I went over and implemented on NetSim.

3. I took a lot of practice exams from Cisco's and others websites. These helped me get my timing down so I wasn't spending a long time on a question. I took enough to where I was able to answer the question correctly and give an explanation as to why it was correct.

This is all I did to pass the CCNA exam. I didn't use any books because this version of the exam is relatively new. But my Global Knowledge material that was provided was very helpful. I understand that most people are recommended Cisco Press Books. I hope these training tips help.

Feel free to add to this thread.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
elhamzaoui72 Fri, 11/16/2007 - 17:49

congratulations

amazing accomplishment without any books

not everyone can do it

good luck on your CCNP

Actions

This Discussion