Extension Problem

Answered Question

I have a couple of extensions that can not be dialed from the company menu. When I dial into the menu and the system prompts for the extension, I enter the extension and it just pauses and rings back into the main menu. Any ideas to point me in a direct to look at?

Correct Answer by t.radan about 9 years 8 months ago

Danny is correct, you will have to set them up with a voicemail box in order to have them available in the directory/auto attendant.

I know it is not what you want, but that is the fix.

Teresa

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)

Not sure to be exact. system was setup by Bell Canada.

I didn't think an extension needed a voicemail box to be able to dail it from a company menu.

If I call our 800 number and out automated menu system is activated, it asked for the extension you want to call. If I enter the extension, it will not ring that phone, but just goes back into the company greeting and menu?

What I am trying to do is:

we have sales people on the road. I have 4 digit extension setup that forward to their cell phones. Those internal directories work if you dial them directly from your phone. If I was to call our 800# and enter an extension of a sales person, it will not ring to that number, but just loop back to the menu system.

Hopefully that is a clearer picture.

Correct Answer
t.radan Fri, 11/16/2007 - 11:31
User Badges:

Danny is correct, you will have to set them up with a voicemail box in order to have them available in the directory/auto attendant.

I know it is not what you want, but that is the fix.

Teresa

The amigos above are right. In order for a call to be routed thru the phone system, the extension must have a voice mail box in Unity.

If a call is not picked up and there is no voice mail box, the call can not be routed by Unity (which does the call handling when a call is not picked up). Good luck amigo!

Rob Huffman Fri, 11/16/2007 - 18:06
User Badges:
  • Super Red, 40000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi RG,

Just to add a note to this good info so far :) You could set these Extensions in Unity up as Internet Subscribers, which does not require a User License but does allow them to be listed in the directory and to be able to be dialed from the Call Handler.

Creating Internet Subscriber Accounts

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080449a88.html#wp1039005

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion