cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why the difference in cables - WIC-1T vs. WIC-2T?

pipemajor
Level 1
Level 1

I have a home CCNA lab w/2501(3) routers and just acquired a 2620XM router that has 2x WIC-T1DSU cards. I'd like to get a serial card or two to connect to my 2501 routers but the 2501 serial ports and WIC-1T ports use the DB-60 connector while the WIC-2T uses something entirely different.

I have 2 emply slots on my 2620XM, should I just go for a pair of WIC-1T cards?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hpoel
Level 1
Level 1

There simply isn't enough space on the front of a WIC for 2 DB-60 connectors, so Cisco came up with the 'SS' (small scale?) connector.

Other than that, you could use either WIC-1T or WIC-2T. Make sure you get the right pair of cables one MT and one FC to connect the routers together (or make your own back-to-back cable).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hpoel
Level 1
Level 1

There simply isn't enough space on the front of a WIC for 2 DB-60 connectors, so Cisco came up with the 'SS' (small scale?) connector.

Other than that, you could use either WIC-1T or WIC-2T. Make sure you get the right pair of cables one MT and one FC to connect the routers together (or make your own back-to-back cable).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card