cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7604 interface can't do fair queueing - is there a workaround?

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

I'm transferring a gig connection from a 7206 router to a 7604 router (IOS = 12.2(33)SRB2) to get more throughput. The configuration has standard LLQ QOS classes for voice and video and class-default.

When I copy over the classes and policy-maps from the 7206 to the 7604 and apply them to a SPA-2GE interface, the IOS complains that the interface cannot do fair-queueing. Here are the class maps and policy map from the 7206:

class-map match-any Call-Control

match ip dscp cs3

class-map match-any Video

match ip dscp af41

class-map match-any Voice

match ip dscp ef

policy-map QOS_classes_48calls_1video

class Voice

priority 4560

class Video

bandwidth 480

class Call-Control

bandwidth 100

class class-default

fair-queue <----- I had to remove this

random-detect

I like how fair-queueing worked in class-default on the 7206 and would like the same on the 7604, but it seems like it can't do that.

Is there another way to do this, or is this something that is a limitation of the hardware, or will future IOS releases incorporate the feature?

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Remove and then reconfigure fair-queueing in SPA-2GE interface so that it will set the correct value after that try it will work.

ratheeshrg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From the configuration it is understood that you are CBWFQ + PQ ( which in effect become LLQ). Your default class will invite a queue in the QoS process and you dont have to mention any queing for the same.

randome-detect command will invite WRED and conj management will be done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: