I am contemplating two designs for my network upgrade:
- Dual 6500 cores with dual Sup720's
- 6500's with single Sup32's at access layer too
- Dual 6500 cores with single Sup720's
- 3750-E stacks at access layer
Can someone give me advantages and disadvantages of either design. Also,
1) Do I really need dual-sup's if I'm getting dual cores. I read somewhere that convergence can actually be slower with dual sup's than with single sup's especially using the routed access design model
2) I know 6500's with single Sup's is a risk at the access as if the Sup blows out, the entire closet goes down. Any other disadvantages to this solution you can think of when compared to using 3750 stacks?