cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing 7960 network settings after a factory reset

GrayH
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7960 that displays TFTP timeout. I need to set a static IP and the TFTP server address. How do I get to the network settings?

settings key, **#** or **3# don't work.

There are several working 7960 registered with the CME. This phone was moved and factory reset.

5 Replies 5

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Gray how you doing.

"To unlock or lock options in the Network Configuration menu or in the Security Configuration, press **# before you display the menu or while the menu i s displayed. This action either locks or unlocks the options, depending on the previous state.

Make sure to lock options after you have made your changes. "

taken from:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008024d865.html#wp1075034

hth,

Ajaz

Thank you for the responce Ajaz. However there is nothing to unlock. I get no menus at all.

After powering on the display shows:

Configuring VLAN

Configuring IP

Requesting Configuration

TFTP Timeout

After that the entire phone is locked up.

I think it is looking for the default TFTP server which is not the address of our CME.

I also think it is requesting a DHCP address by default. This sites DHCP server is a VPN router which does nor support option 150 so I can't configure the proper CME's TFTP server address.

I can't get to the Network congifuration screen. Is this phone completely factory defaulted and requires access to a TFTP server with the default name?

Thank again,

Gray

Hi,

Use reset sequence: Keep pressed # when turning on. As phone display "detected", release and press:1234567890*#

Confirm reset network configuration when asked.

Make sure you dhcp/tftp settings are correct phone should reflash and start over.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thankyou for the response. This sequence is what caused the "problem". Except the sequence is 0123456789*0# not 0*# (probably a typo). Once this sequence is entered the phone asks Save network cfg? 1=yes 2=no, either response sensds the phone into

configure VLAN

configure IP

requesting configuration

TFTP timeout sequence

What am I missing?

Hi,

Sorry I hadn't read your question in full.

yes the phone needs to connected to functional dhcp and tftp network to be made functional again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: