Cisco instructor course !!!

Unanswered Question
Nov 15th, 2007

Hi netpros,

I am interested in becoming a Cisco Instructor. Apart from being "sponsored" by a Cisco Network Academy, is there any other option ..? Is it possible to do course and get certified without being a member of a Cisco Netwotk Academy .?

Your response is much appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (3 ratings)
Kevin Dorrell Fri, 11/16/2007 - 00:23

As I understand it, ... please some instructor correct me if I am wrong ... you need to be sponsored, but not necessarily by a Cisco Networking Academy. That is because the Cisco Instructor certificates are specific not only to the invidual, but to the training school as well. I can only assume that is done to discourage instructors from jumping ship. Which makes it tough on the freelancers because they have to get re-certified for each client school they work for.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

keller.oliver Fri, 11/16/2007 - 01:31

Hi all.

In the Cisco Networking Academy Program the instructor is certified as CCAI (Cisco Certified Academic Instructor). Basically this is CCNA + a short introduction on the academy system. There even is a fast track for individuals who already hold a CCNA. If not, you go for 4 one-week courses, as every academy student does plus the system introduction. Then, after you pass CCNA, you become CCAI.

The other thing is CCSI (Cisco Certified Systems Instructor), which has higher demands on the individual: You must first pass your CCNA with a higher score than the normal pass score, then you have to pass another exam where you need to do presentations and pass a lab.

In both cases, you need a Cisco-related institution that takes you under its wings: Either a Cisco Networking Academy or a Cisco Learning Partner.

HTH,

Oliver

Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 11/17/2007 - 22:02

ellis_b Sat, 11/17/2007 - 22:06

Depends what kind of instructor you want to be. If you want to be a Network Academy instructor, then yes, you have to work for a Network Academy. If you want to be a CCSI, then you have to work for a Cisco Learning Partner (CLP), Cisco Learning Solutions Partner (CLSP), or a Sponsored Organization (SO).

thanks,

Brad Ellis

CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)

CCSI# 30482

CEO / President

CCBOOTCAMP - A Cisco Sponsored Organization (SO)

Email: brad AT ccbootcamp.com

Toll Free: 877-654-2243

Direct: +1-702-968-5100 = Outside the USA

FAX: +1-702-446-8012

YES! We take Cisco Learning Credits!

Training And Remote Racks: http://www.ccbootcamp.com

Actions

This Discussion