Passed CCIE R&S Written.

Unanswered Question
Nov 16th, 2007

I used the V2 Wendall Odom book which actually covered everything pretty well apart from IPV6 and theres plenty of resources to describe the basics of that.

The Practice Tests with that book are great. you won't find any identical questions on the exam but if your getting good marks on those and understand the reasons for the answers as opposed to just trying to remember them then you'll do fine.

I also read Brad's (CC Bootcamp's) Written study guide during the last week which helped consolidate things.

Now onto the hard stuff.

Steve

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Kevin Dorrell Fri, 11/16/2007 - 00:47

Steve,

Well done! The Wendell Odom book is great, isn't it? IMHO it is an order of magnitude better than previous guides from CiscoPress, or maybe it is just the criteria that have changed.

Really now the hard stuff starts! Get yourself a decent workbook and use it as a springboard. Take your time over it, and don't passover your other commitments! I have taken 2 years so far and I don't consider myself ready yet, and I might never be! But the real benefit is the journey, not the destination.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

steve_steele Fri, 11/16/2007 - 01:18

Thanks Kevin, I'm not on the hard stuff yet but i've opened a six pack. ;o)

I reckon no one knows if they're actually ready until a day or too after the exam when the email arrives.

Have you thought about trying Assessor?

I'd definately be interested in your recomendations for workbooks.

Thanks again for your help

Steve

Kevin Dorrell Fri, 11/16/2007 - 01:58

Steve,

I could tell you what I use, and what I think is excellent for study. But the organisation in question might think it a poisoned chalice considering what heavy weather I am making of it.

So I will say at the start that any failure of mine is not down to the workbook, but down to my own shortcomings. I will also say that some of the other vendors probably produce material that is just as good, but that I simply have not tried them yet.

So here goes: I very much like NetMasterClass. Their DoIT labs seem to be quiet comprehensive, and are a great basis for experimentation. They also have something similar to Assessor, called "CheckIT", which are timed and graded labs.

But there are others that will recommend CCBOOTCAMP, IPexpert, etc. etc. and I'm sure they will jump in here with their URLs!

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

ellis_b Sat, 11/17/2007 - 22:07

Congrats on passing Steve! Glad we could help. If you are ready to start studying for your lab exam, let me know.

thanks,

Brad Ellis

CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)

CCSI# 30482

CEO / President

CCBOOTCAMP - A Cisco Sponsored Organization (SO)

Email: brad AT ccbootcamp.com

Toll Free: 877-654-2243

Direct: +1-702-968-5100 = Outside the USA

FAX: +1-702-446-8012

YES! We take Cisco Learning Credits!

Training And Remote Racks: http://www.ccbootcamp.com

Actions

This Discussion