cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Im interested in the theory of running standard cisco call features on a mobile, i.e directory browsing, transfers etc. How does it work? The Cisco website states 'it works on any mobile' so what is it? some sort of PHP/ Java app? Will it work on, say, a Nokia 7110 for example? or a Blackberry handset?

I can only find 'vague' information on the cisco website, ie 'it just exists', nothing about what it actually is, how its installed, what it'll work on etc. Any more info on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

I would also be interested in install information....

or if it works with all unity and ect...

CUMC is not yet supported on Symbian and Windows Mobil OS. Currently only Blackberry OS is supported. I think support for Symbian (Nokia) and Windows mobile is coming this year end.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Symbian support is out; I've been using it on a Nokia E61i for a little bit. Not sure on the ETA for Windows Mobile though.

jasonfaraone
Level 4
Level 4

You're looking at 2 different products. Mobile Connect places a call out to your mobile device when a caller dials your corporate desk phone. This consumes 2 PRI channels if the call came from outside your organization. Since the call is being bridged through your UCM cluster, advanced calling features can be used by entering certain digit strings.

(Pasted from the UCM6 SRND)

Unified CM Service Parameters for Mobile Connect

The following items represent a partial list of Unified CM service parameters for the Cisco CallManager service that are related to Mobile Connect functionality:

•Enterprise Feature Access Code for Hold (Default value: *81)

This parameter indicates the feature access code used for the hold mid-call feature. This code is either manually keyed by the user or programmed as a key on a Smart Phone. This code is sent as a DTMF sequence from the remote destination phone back to the enterprise gateway and is relayed to Unified CM.

•Enterprise Feature Access Code for Exclusive Hold (Default value: *82)

This parameter indicates the feature access code used for the exclusive hold mid-call feature. When exclusive hold is invoked at the remote destination phone, the call cannot be picked up or resumed at the user's desk phone. This code is either manually keyed by the user or programmed as a key on a Smart Phone. This code is sent as a DTMF sequence from the remote destination phone back to the enterprise gateway and is relayed to Unified CM.

•Enterprise Feature Access Code for Resume (Default value: *83)

This parameter indicates the feature access code used for the resume mid-call feature. This code is either manually keyed by the user or programmed as a key on a Smart Phone. This code is sent as a DTMF sequence from the remote destination phone back to the enterprise gateway and is relayed to Unified CM.

•Enterprise Feature Access Code for Transfer (Default value: *84)

This parameter indicates the feature access code used for the transfer mid-call feature. This code is either manually keyed by the user or programmed as a key on a Smart Phone. This code is sent as a DTMF sequence from the remote destination phone back to the enterprise gateway and is relayed to Unified CM.

•Enterprise Feature Access Code for Conference (Default value: *85)

These features can also be executed by using a Smart Client and pressing the appropriate hotkey button on your mobile device(Not sure if Cisco is referring to Mobility Advantage, haven't set that up yet.)

A button template can be configured on your desk phone for mobility; this will enable a "Send call to mobile phone" option (answer cell phone and the call is instantly transfered), and hanging up the mobile device will place the call on hold at your desk phone for a few seconds, giving you a second to pick it up.

I find it incredibly handy.

Regarding the second portion of your call, Unified Mobility Advantage is your friend. It consists of 2 servers (one acting as a proxy for the other) and allows a Cisco smart phone application to retrieve voice mails, browse the corporate directory, handle presence, etc.

You should really refer to Cisco's docs on these products for a comprehensive listing, though.

pasimahone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Nokia's Cisco client enables Cisco call features on a mobile. Client works only on E-series devices.

You can find more info from here: http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/nokia_intellisync_call_connect_for_cisco_downloads.php

Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator is different story, but it should work on Symbian devices too.

Thanks,

-Pasi-