cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM4.2 - taskscheduler service disabled by default.

thomasmaud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

This is my first post so please let me know if you require any more information.

A customer of ours is running a CCM4.2 and we need to add some static ARP entries on the server ( Arp -s command) when the server is rebooted the arp entries are cleared so we would like to setup a scheduled task to run a batch file on start up. For some reason on the server the taskscheduler task has been disabled.

Could someone please advise what would be the impact if any of enabling the service?

If enabling the service is a issue do then know of another way of scheduling the bactch file to run ?

Thanks in advanced

6 Replies 6

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

The question of the day is why are you adding static ARP entries?

The worries are you are doing something extra to the appliance that is not related to the functions of CallManager, or you are doing some funky networking that may cause you problems with (unknown at this time) CallManager support applications or protocols that may break or never work.

I was thinking the BARS utility would use the windows task scheduler. It appears not to.

I would check with TAC to see if enabling it is supported, unless someone has already checked and has the official answer.

You probably could put a .BAT (MS-DOS Batch file) in the Startup Group with your ARP commands. Again why are you doing that?

Hi , Thanks for your response. The problem we have is that the core switch we are using is a CE500 and this switch is having serious issues with ARPing and this is a know issue.

The static ARP entries on the CCM4.2 server is a work around i am afraid.

We want the batch file to run when the server is started rather when the user is logged on. We are looking at some registry keys we can add a value to but i was hoping for advice on an easier method.

Thanks

Tom

Do you have a bug ID on that? I am curious.

Hi All,

I do not have a bug ID i was advised by a system engineer.

The solution that we have is starting the batch file through the use of a global policy object on server @ startup.

We can assign a GPO even though the server is not part of the domain.

I would recommend that people use this course of actions and it does not require the ammendment of any registry keys etc.

Thanks for everyones help and time.

Regards

Tom

If you come across that bug ID or can get it, we would love to hear it. And track the fix.

Problem is, Cisco markets the CE500 switch for SMB. CUCMBEr (perfect for that space) runs on Linux with no access to the OS to put static ARP entries in (unless the Cisco Shell allows that. I have to check.) Same applies to CUCM 6.0 and 5.x.

Thanks

Hi,

I will speak to the system engineer who came up with the initial problem resolution. And see what information i can obtain.

thanks

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: