cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Route Point

scotteturner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CTI Route Point set up for the main number to the office. This forwards all calls to a Unity Call Handler to play a greeting. When Unity is down, callers receive an error because Call Manager can not hand the call off to Unity. How can I set this up that if Unity is down, the CTI route point would then forward to an extension instead of the Call Handler?

Thank you for your help!

Scott

2 Replies 2

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Scott,

Unfortunatly there isn't a way for the CTI route point to send the call to a backup phone using that CTI route point.

"Note: When Call Forward All has been configured on the CTI route point, and if Unity is down, the Call Forward on Failure and Call Forward no Answer will not send the call to a backup phone."

reference: (see the note under Figure 3)http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00801f66ca.shtml

Adam,

Thanks for replying and for this info. So basically I'm stuck at this point and not way to solve this problem? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem. What do others do to handle calls going to an automated attendant and if Unity is down forward to a live person instead.

Thanks for your help!

Scott