Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client for VISTA ??

rico_hao40
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a user running vpn client 5.01600 on VISTA and keep losing VPN connection. and I running same client version on XP and noproblem.

Is any issue with VISTA and VPN client ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

j.zortman
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. Any ideas out there?

Hello,

I run 5.0.00.0340 without any problems on Vista.

HTH.

Andy.

terencekam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have v5.0 on vista, I can connect but get problems connecting to resources. There's a "Unsuccessful login, already tried that username and password"... when connecting to a file share, for instance. Any insight? How about your disconnect issue? Any solutions/workarounds?

What's the actual error message that you're getting?

This doesn't sound like a legit error:

"Unsuccessful login, already tried that username and password"

Sorry here it is:

"Logon Unsuccessful:

The user name you typed is the same as the user name you logged in with. That user name has already been tried. A domain controller cannot be found to verify that user name."

I can ping by name and IP of the file server and other boxes on the subnet once successfully VPN'd in.

This only happens with vista machines. Sometimes I'm able to go to My Computer, then map a drive and get connected to a file server but \\fileserver in the run command window will throw above error. Very strange.

not an expert but is sounds as if the domain name server is not resolved. I had a similar problem and set the domain server to the specific IP address from my IT dept.

you could test this by trying \\192.168.2.1 or whatever the IP address of the server is in the run command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: