cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIRT + FAILOVER

darin.sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting ready to test a dirt restore of 4.2 of a failover pair using new hardware. At the same time, we want to test an upgrade to 5.0. I see no reason to restore the secondary server and to just build that as a new 5.0 secondary and just restore the 4.2 server as a regular primary server with no failover, then just configure a new failover.

In the DIRT Notes is mentions it is better to perform a backup of the failover server because of the sql links. Am I understanding this correctly? Or will it be better to follow the procedures to configure the Primary as a server with no failover and then do a DIRT Backup of the PRmary in this scenario?

2 Replies 2

stevef
Level 1
Level 1

Darin,

We are going from 4.0(4) to 5.0.1 at Corp and our plan is to preform a Dirt backup on the Primary. Take both servers offline. Spin W2k3 on the primary. Install 4.0(4) on the primary, upgrade to 5.0.1 on the primary. Build the secondary as a fresh 5.0.1 and run failover wizard.

Steve

We plan on doing a dirt restore on the new w2k3 4.0(4) server from the backup before the upgrade to 5.0.1

I left that step out of my first reply.