cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to monitor PRI usage

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello I'm looking for a way to track how busy my PRI lines are. We are looking at cutting back on the amount that we have. Is there a way to get a counter of how many calls are made a day.

I have looked in RTMT but it does not show by day how many calls are going through them.

Jason

6 Replies 6

rraver
Level 1
Level 1

What version of CCM are you using and what kind of gateways?

Callmanager version is 4.2.3 and I'm using 2CMM modules for MGCP PRI. I have 36 PRI's and would like to get rid of a few but need some reports.

Jason

AFAIK, you can use CAR tool to generate utilization reports for gateways.

Problem is, the CAR tool's utilization reports are only estimations. In our case these reports show the utilization of some circuits to be 100%, continuously for several hours a day which is not true. If anyone has a solution for determining the actual utilization of one or more gateways/T1's, please share it. Apparently there was a software product called the "Gateway Statistics Utility", but this has now been EOL'd.

Why not using PRTG or other SNMP tool to monitor the channels utilization in the ISDN MIB. I haven't the exact OID at hand, but I know there is one.

The way that I finally did this was instead of using utilization I used device reports. I went to device and summary. This shows the actual inbound and outbound usage per PRI. The only problem is it pools all of your gateways registered to CCM.

It does not give you a pretty graph but you can get the info that you want

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: