cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound calls through PRI gateway drop

nkall
Level 1
Level 1

In a CCM5 deployment, outbound calls to telco (through a pri line) drop with a "Requested circuit/channel not available" error code. The funny thing is that incoming calls connect fine and that when i connected the same pri line to another pbx, the outbound calls were connected alright! Any ideas??

3 Replies 3

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

So the outbound calls don't go through? Or they connect, you talk for a while then drop with that error code?

Some PRI carriers have a special mechanism such as AT&Ts MEGACOM service. You need to select that service in the route pattern. Somewhere near the bottom of the route pattern screen.

Ok, I booted my lab CCM. It's called ISDN Network-Specific Facilities Information Element.

You need to choose the proper ISDN Switch type under Network Service Protocol then the appropriate Network Service. I haven't had to fill in the other fields, but you may need to depending on the service.

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately it has nothing to do with the ISDN switchtype (which by the way is correct).

Due to some problem (misconfig?), the MGCP binding doesn't seem to function properly and after every router reboot, the PRI has to be brought down, shut the MGCP service and then let the CCM do the configuration in order the PRI to work again...

Still working on it,

nikos

In the MGCP object on CCM, what is the IP address of the MGCP registration?

On the router, what is the IP address of the interface your MGCP bind commands point to?

I had an issue once that sounds like the one you describe. IOS bug that got fixed in a version I don't remember.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: