Views
Helpful
Replies

Ipphone develop environment + CallManager Simulator

diegofabian1972
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Im trying to setup an environment to develop ip phone software with no success for the moment.

My base platform:

. PC Windows XP SP2

. Installed Cisco Unified Application Environment

. Installed IP Phone SDK (comes with CallManager Simulator)

. Installed Cisco SoftPhone

. Installed VTGO ipphone (additionally to try, ipblue.com)

What i did:

. Login to CUAE see all is up

. Started CallManager Simulator (see no devices at a first glance).. Configured idle and services url to a valid address (tested on browser)

. Started Cisco SoftPhone.. Configured CTI Manager (on Settings/Advanced) to localhost:2000 where CM-Sim is listening.

I get no connection between the SoftPhone and CM-Sim. Same happens on VTGO and CM-Sim (if this useful to workaround).

I could verify that TFTP server on CM-Sim is working ok, since if a try to start another TFTP Service i get a port conflict (TCP 69).

What im doing wrong? misconfig?? Help very appreciated.

Regards

Diego

2 Replies 2

mohammednw
Level 1
Level 1

hey man where do i get the simulator from... can u help me on this?

Hi Mohammed

You need to run CiscoIPPS_SDK_v4.1.1.exe .. This the installer for Cisco IP Phone Services SDK ver 4.1.1 . This installs severall development tools and source code (asp, jsp) for ip phone service development (pages that resolve via web a call that is made by an ip phone). With all this a call manager simulator version is installed. Check C:\CiscoIPServices\Tools\CallManagerSimulator to get call manager installation (if you run install to default dir).

If you make it work let me know :) .. i cant make a device be up on CM-Sim (call manager simulator).

Hope this helps

Regards

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: