Views
Helpful
Replies

Ipphone develop environment + CallManager Simulator

diegofabian1972
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Im trying to setup an environment to develop ip phone software with no success for the moment.

My base platform:

. PC Windows XP SP2

. Installed Cisco Unified Application Environment

. Installed IP Phone SDK (comes with CallManager Simulator)

. Installed Cisco SoftPhone

. Installed VTGO ipphone (additionally to try, ipblue.com)

What i did:

. Login to CUAE see all is up

. Started CallManager Simulator (see no devices at a first glance).. Configured idle and services url to a valid address (tested on browser)

. Started Cisco SoftPhone.. Configured CTI Manager (on Settings/Advanced) to localhost:2000 where CM-Sim is listening.

I get no connection between the SoftPhone and CM-Sim. Same happens on VTGO and CM-Sim (if this useful to workaround).

I could verify that TFTP server on CM-Sim is working ok, since if a try to start another TFTP Service i get a port conflict (TCP 69).

What im doing wrong? misconfig?? Help very appreciated.

Regards

Diego

2 Replies 2

mohammednw
Level 1
Level 1

hey man where do i get the simulator from... can u help me on this?

Hi Mohammed

You need to run CiscoIPPS_SDK_v4.1.1.exe .. This the installer for Cisco IP Phone Services SDK ver 4.1.1 . This installs severall development tools and source code (asp, jsp) for ip phone service development (pages that resolve via web a call that is made by an ip phone). With all this a call manager simulator version is installed. Check C:\CiscoIPServices\Tools\CallManagerSimulator to get call manager installation (if you run install to default dir).

If you make it work let me know :) .. i cant make a device be up on CM-Sim (call manager simulator).

Hope this helps

Regards

Diego