cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.1 and IPVC 3515 integration

erikjustinlee
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I have the IPVC registered as a Conference bridge. But I don't know how to access it?

5 Replies 5

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

If your MCU module is installed in the top slot of the Cisco Unified Videoconferencing 3545 chassis, then the module also performs PCI bus functions for the chassis. In the MCU interface, you can use the System section to monitor chassis functions remotely.

One of the functions the chassis performs is to monitor ambient temperature. You can set temperature thresholds in the System section. The chassis uses these thresholds to trigger a warning that the ambient temperature exceeds specification and when the temperature has returned to five degrees below the warning threshold.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/cuvc/5_2_1/mcu/english/3545/configuration/guide/system.html

I get all that stuff. I'm just wondering how I access it as a conference bridge. What number do I dial to access it, and will it accept a video conference from IP Communicator?

erikjustinlee
Level 1
Level 1

Basicaly I want to know how to use its features. The admin side I know fairly well.

Hi i read your message and i think i can help you.

After u got the MCU registered with the callmanager, u have to configuer a service that support SCCP protocol in the MCU.

Add the MCU as a bridge conference in the callmanager.

Once this done, u have to add a new Media Ressource Group that works with the Bridge (MCU 3515), make a Media Ressource Group List that include this Media Ressource Group, and finally in the phone prorities u have to select this Media Ressource Group List to work with. Be sure that u have already Enabled The Video capabilities of the phone in callmanager.

Then to have Videoconferences u have to make a Meet Me number or u can just call directly persons who u want to make conference with.

In the Appendix A of "Cisco IP/VC 3511 MCU and Cisco IP/VC 3540 MCU Module Administrator Guide" u have this steps detailed.

And i suppose that know,if u want to access to the MCU all what u have to do is to tape

http://"IP address of the MCU"/admin

in a web browser (Internet explorer is better)

Login : admin

password: there is no password to tape !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: