cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500 and Call Manager 5

o.rosales
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know if the UC 500 can be connected and integrated with a server with Call Manger 5.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, absolutely. The UC500 works fine as voice GW and/or SRST for a CM.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

?

Q. Does the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series support Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST)?

A. No, the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series is a new platform designed for small businesses and supports standalone deployments. Cisco offers the integrated services router portfolio for deployments requiring interoperability with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and/or SRST functions. The Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series is meant for distributed voice deployments.

Q. Can the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series be networked with Cisco Unified CME or Cisco Unified Communications Manager?

A. The Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series can be networked with an integrated services router-based Cisco Unified CME, but the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series does not work with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Paolo,

Is there any specific feature set required for SRST/GW support that you stated?

tia

Ajaz

The UC520 has it's own feature set (a derivative of adv ip svcs), which does not include SRST.

UC520(config)#telephony-ser

UC520(config-telephony)#srst ?

% Unrecognized command

You can find feature sets that do support it with the feature navigator.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Hi,

Thanks cmonks, I stand corrected. I made confusion with the new 1861 that indeed supports SRST:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_qanda_item0900aecd806c4def.shtml

With regard to the UC500 however, beside SRTS that is not suppoerted as noted, it should work as H.323 or SIP GW for CM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: