Views
Helpful
Replies

WebAuth with Custom AUP

lamond2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a custom Webauth page successfully loaded into my 2106 WLC. It is essentially the same as the original page with a few cosmetic tweaks in line with our branding and works seamlessly.

What I would like to be able to do is hyperlink a word on the page which when clicked will display an AUP in a pop-up window.

I can upload and display the additional page stored on the WLC when authenticated but the web redirect kicks in if I am not. I have to be able to read this before authenticating.

The only way I can think round this is to embed the AUP within the login page with some JavaScript?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

It would also be nice if I you had to click a check box to confirm acceptance of the AUP before you can log in, has anyone attempted this?

Many thanks for your help.

Mark.

2 Replies 2

Michael Odom
Level 4
Level 4

I can't see why that wouldn't work, a previous version of my login page had the AUP in an IFRAME. On the other hand, I don't know of any way to pop a new window other than JavaScript... but I'm not exactly a master web developer either.

The only catch I see is that you'd need to host the AUP page on another webserver, since I do not belive you can host an arbitrary page on the controller, and in order to make accessable you'd need to include it in your Pre-Auth ACL.

As far as the checkbox, I think you'd need to use external WebAuth, and you'd have to program a form handler to feed the WLC a valid username/password if the end user checks the box.

Here's a link for an overview of the external WebAuth

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008076f974.shtml

Thanks for the reply, it took me a while but I managed to hack something together with the aid of Google and a few pointers from web developers.

I created a hidden layer on the page with the AUP in a TEXTAREA box (which allows you to read the lengthy AUP in a scrollable box) and used some JavaScript to bring it to the front when you click the login button. Doing it that way means pop-up blockers do not get in the way however as we are not opening a new window although there may be negative effects i have not yet experienced.

On the AUP page there is a "reject" button that hides the window, clears the form (login details) then tries to close down the browser although I may remove that last step.

The "accept" button submits the form in the same way the login button on the original page used to.

All works very well in IE, and is quite slick although the code is maybe a little rough, I don't know. I'm a lot happier having everything handled by the WLC instead of going to an external webserver, another layer of security i don't have to worry about. I'll see what feedback I get from the end users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card