cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager - MOH while hunting

consotiris
Level 1
Level 1

is there any way to give the calling party music or an announcement while the hunt group rings until someone picks up?

what I'd like is so that when a customer rings up, they are presented with a "your call is important to us" message followed by hold music until someone in the huntgroup picks up.

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Attendant console should be able to do this for you. Use the broadcast hunt type with queuing. While in queue, you will get hold music.

Pretty sure.

thanks for you reply.

this setup is a for store, and won't have a receptionist, can the attendant console be automated - so as that as soon as it sees a call it transfers it to the hunt group?

Oh, it's for a store type environment. hmmm.

Attendant console would have to be installed on PCs--one per phone. Don't think that is the environment you are in.

Can it be automated? Not that I know of. Problem is AC needs to know when someone answered the call. That's why the AC application is loaded on each PC and controls that PC user's phone.

So based on this new information, I don't think AC would work.

And I don't think the hunt group mechanisms in CallManager allow for hold music while its hunting. I'll fool around and see if it can.

What version of CallManager do you have?

We're running 6.0.1.1000-37

I'm thinking maybe a jtapi app might be the way to go - so I'm trying my hand at that at the moment, but I was after a more elegent solution. Thanks alot for your response for this, let me know if you work anything out - otherwise I'll head down this path.

if you transfer the call to the hunt pilot the calling party gets hold music, so I'm thinking that maybe getting jtapi to answer the call and then transfer it to the hunt pilot (haven't looked too far into the feasibility of this yet, just opened up the jtapi sdk) might be a workable solution.

If you get a workaround for this, I've got something related-- the need to dial an internal phone number from an internal phone and have it continue to ring when hung up. (The number sets off analog ports on the VG224 that serves as an emergency evacuate signal via a Viking ring amplifier and some analog bells).

My idea was to set a dialed number to the VG224 # (which will be set to never answer/never time out) and then have a method to transfer the call at the calling phone to a call park and let the call continue to ring until call park was later picked up and hung up. Any ideas if this could work or if there's another answer?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: