cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you "activate" transparent tunneling?

kevincompton
Level 1
Level 1

First off, I'm a relative nubie to Cisco's VPN Client Software. I am using version 4.6.02.0011. I have been successful at establishing a remote desktop link from my laptop to my work desktop from a separate contractor network at work. However, this same laptop has not been able to make the same link from my home Internet connection to my work desktop. I have WOW as my home Internet provider. The only difference appears to be that the "transparent tunneling" setting is not "active" when I'm connected from home. I cannot ping my work PC from home either. I would appreciate any constructive help regarding this situation. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a home router that is doing PAT.

If so, you have to enable transparent tunneling for the Client to work. Below is the URL that explains this option in detail.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008015e271.html#1025864

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: