Understanding IPCC, Call Manager

Unanswered Question
Nov 17th, 2007

We have a cisco Voice implementation that I am trying to understand the components.

We have two IPCC servers, one that handles calls from outside and these calls are directed to the internal users in our company.

The other IPCC server handles calls from outside callers to our Voice IVR system.

I have some general questions about IPCC:

What exactly does IPCC do?

Does Call manager just handle call routing on a very basic level?

I know there are scripts created and the IPCC server houses these scripts.

How does Call Manager fit into the inbound call routing from outside callers?

Does Call Manager direct the calls to the different IPCC servers depending on what the user is looking to do?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Abdulbaseer Mohammed Mon, 11/19/2007 - 05:02

You may want to consider reading SRND guide available here. Search for IPCC, IPT SRND guides

Here are some comments:

IPCC is combination of servers that does the job of routing, distributing, reporting and other related call center functions.

Call manager is like your good old Phone switch or PBX. ICM PG's are your ACD or call distributors and IP IVR or CVP is your IVR that has auto attendants, voice response etc you write the scripts in this so it will route calls, accepts user inputs so on. ICM is more advanced and is for enterprise.

IPCC express is all in one box solution combining ACD ad IVR functions, call routing, prompting, reporting, agents etc all in on place. Its usually for under 200 users. ICM or IPCC enterprise have separate boxes for each of the above and many are redundant.

Hopt it helps.

Abdulbaseer Mohammed Tue, 11/20/2007 - 22:45

ICM PG is the Peripheral Gateway for ICM or intelligent Contact Manager. PG is a physical server that handles all calls and communicates with devices like phones etc to direct calls to end point. ICM is a combination of admin workstation, PG's and few other components.

CVP is cisco Voice Portal its a vxml based IVR enables lot of flexibility with a buggy software(my opinion).

This Discussion