Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware Conferece Bridge

Hi,

We are running CCM 4.1(3) Custer along with MGCP Gateway.

In MGCP Gateway we are using two numbers of NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 card for connecting

Four E1 lines. And Each NM_HDV2-2T1/E1 module has 2 numbers of PVDM2-64 DSP's.

For Hardware Conferencing we are using NM-HDV module with 2 numbers of PVDM12 DSP's.

Presently we configured 5 conference sessions and 1 Transcoding session.

Presently we are planning to increase the number of Conference session from 5 to 15 and Trandcoding

session from 1 to 10 sessions.

My question is: Can we use existing NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 modules for Conferencing and Transcoding (please note that

Each Module has already connected with 2 E1 lines) ?

Can we use simulteneously both NM-HDV module and NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 module for conferencing and Transcoding ?

Please some one help me out regarding this....

Regards,

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

NM-HDV and NM-HDV2 modules may be used simultaneously in a single chassis for voice termination but may not be used simultaneously for other media resource functionality.

Only one type of DSP farm configuration may be active at one time (either the NM-HDV or the HM-HDV2) for conferencing, MTP, or transcoding.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080637427.html#wp1057930

Hi Gonzalo,

Thanks for your reply.

Can i remove the existing NM-HDV (currently using for conferencing and transcoding),and use the existing NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 modules for Conferencing and Transcoding (please note that each Module has already connected with 2 E1 lines) ?

regards,

Hi,

Any suggestions please!!!

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: