Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Series 800 router speciation of ISDN-DCP and the CAPI

joaoprosa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sirs of Cisco

I do not now if this forum is the right place to put that issue.

I have two router Cisco 800 series if you want I can send you the (serial number) and I need to write a client to dialogue with rcapi server of router.

Could you send me the speciation of ISDN-DCP and the CAPI message that the router Cisco implement.

With kinds Regards

João Pereira Rosa

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Actually this forum is for voice, but it doesn't matter. Can you explain in other words what do you need to know or to do, because these terms are not frequently used.

joaoprosa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sirs

Thank you for answer so quickly

I download this document from Cisco “Configuring the (Remote) Common Application Programming Interface for Cisco 800 Series Router”.

I have a Lan with Asterisk IP-PBX , the Cisco router have a BRI to public exchange (ISDN) , the router act like a DCP (ISDN- Device Control Protocol) server and listen (DCP messages) in 2578 port.

I need o know the contents of the TCP frame that carry (ISDN-TCP, the DCP messages) to put a SIP client to talk with PSTN/ISDN using the router. I want to write a software module in Asterisk that translate SIP in (ISDN-DCP) to connect the SIP Phones to the PSTN/ISDN using the BRI ports of the Cisco router. I need to now the contents of this message to dialogue with RCAPI server of the router.

If forum is the right place perhaps to put this, Could you give me a better place, a mail or other forum to receive the speciation of (ISDN-DCP)

thank you

With kinds Regards

João Pereira Rosa

Hi,

to be honest, I didn't even knew something like that was supported.

What I've found is:

http://readlist.com/lists/lists.digium.com/asterisk-users/0/996.html

and

http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about322278.html

In there is a cisco contact that you can try.

Good luck!

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: