Views
Helpful
Replies

Help required on Cat 6500 and Cat 4500 - logging

pokwan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone please advice what logging level is required to log the port interface state (going up or down) on the cat6500 and 4500 switch?

TIA

PF

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

According to the link I posted, the global option is only allowed in the SX code which is the 6500/7600 line.

For the 4500, you will have to go with the interface level.

The command should be applied on the physical interface, the port-channel is a logical interface.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

6500 and 4500 switches do not log these kind of events like the 3560 and 3750 do.

It has nothing to do with the logging level but a logging option on itself.

The command can be executed at interface level or global.

logging event link-status

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6017/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00808829a0.html#wp1012561

Edison,

Thanks very much for the reply. On the 4500, it can only be applied per interface. Maybe it is the version we are using 12.2(25)EWA8. We have a couple of etherchannels configured. Should the command be applied on the port interface or the port-channel?

TIA

PF

According to the link I posted, the global option is only allowed in the SX code which is the 6500/7600 line.

For the 4500, you will have to go with the interface level.

The command should be applied on the physical interface, the port-channel is a logical interface.

Thanks heaps. Fully understand.

PF

This post was very helpful. FYI, On my 12.2(31)SGA1 code of my 4507 with SupV-10GE, I was able to apply it globally.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card