cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Establish VPN Tunnel and open port issues

robert.springer
Level 1
Level 1

I have been working on my network for a while now, but I was not involved with the setup/install process. Most of the configuration I have knowledge of except my PIX501.

I am in a lurch because I need to open a port to allow a VPN tunnel for a vendor to update configuration. I have read a ton of pix material and have some direction. Is there a simple way to complete this process and not take down my firewall(mistakes) and still make this effective? Some one please help...

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Opening a port to the Internet and allowing certain traffic from a vpn client are different things on a PIX.

Please post your config and an explanation of what to allow and I will have a look.

regards,

Leo

First, my network is closed to the internet. All I need to do is open port 80 for a specific client using password authentication so they may remote into my network and have exclusive access to everything.

Client will be using goto assist...not sure if they have a static IP or not, but it is prefered to have a VPN established for this connection.

Secondly, there is other applications that see the internet, but are isolated from the network, or IP restricted.