Views
Helpful
Replies

ccme and inbound calls

trevor.teasdale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

With call manager, you can receive up to 200 calls before you receive the busy signal on a 7941/7961 phone.

It is not clear to me how many inbound calls you can receive with ccme on a 7941/7961. It look like only two but could someone confirm

Many thanks

TT

3 Replies 3

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

There is no max call or busy trigger parameters on CME like there are on CallManager. When you use the ephone-dn command you have the option to specify it as a dual line phone that gives you a second channel for transferring, conferencing, Call waiting, etc. You can do things like shared lines or extension overlays on multiple phones for call coverage. But in a nutshell you are correct, a line is limited to two calls unless you use other types of configurations for call coverage.

Ephone-DN Command

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_e1ht.html#wp1056194

CME Command reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_cr.html

To get around this limitation, if I have a 7960 phone, can I have the call roll to a second phone number that appears on another line? User wants to somehow not go to the auto attendant unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks

Hi,

preamble, "auto attendant" is better, as anyone dealing with more that two calls at once will easily realize.

This said, you don't need to divert to another number, but to another ephone-dn. This can have the same number, lessere preference, and be sent there by CFB from the preceededing ephone-dn.

Usually ephone-dn with this chained config are put in overlay with the "c" separato on a single button.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: