Dynamic TTS - plz help!!!

Unanswered Question

Hi group,

I have a call flow where i need to dynamically *read out* the dollar amount and expiry date for a bank card after reading the card details from a Microsoft SQL database.

Your card remaining balance is "xx dollars and yy cents" (E.G. TEN DOLLARS AND FIVE CENTS)

The expiry date of your card is "Year / Month / Day" (E.G. 2008 Feb 19)

Since the dollar amount and expiry date are dynamic, how can i do this prompt *on the fly*?? as there is no way i can pre-record all the wav files.

Also, if this is possible, can IPCC read out the sections in different languages?? coz the IVR is for Chinese and Japanese callers too.

I'm using IPCCE with ICM linked to a Microsoft SQL server.

Kind Regards,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Abdulbaseer Mohammed Sun, 11/18/2007 - 23:53

You may want to consider TTS third party like nuance etc.

You may be able to write the code for this but it will be lot easier and have more functions to go with third party software.

good luck.

clotheyes Mon, 11/19/2007 - 02:01

You don't say whether you are using CVP or IP-IVR/QM. If you are using IP-IVR then you can use the "Create Generated Prompt" step for the date and money prompts. Combine this with wav files for the "text" using the "Create Container Prompt" step and you should be away. If you have multiple languages installed then you can use the "overide langauge" option within the generated prompt step.

Hope this helps.

Please rate helpful posts.

And if you are using CVP, you can use the "Say It Smart" audio item and record the necessary prompts.

You can record a minimal set which will give a slightly robotic rendering of numbers, or a more complete set that will sound quite swish.

As long as you are working in centi-based currencies (100 x to the Y) like dollars or Euro, you can record dollars.wav to say "Euro" and place it in a different directory on your Media Store. All good stuff.

This Discussion