cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS server

CiscogeekIND
Level 1
Level 1

i have configured the network device group and assigned some dummy entries of acs servers have been added. now what i exactly want is, i want to remove the unnecessary entries in NDG ans also which are added in "Not assigned group". because i am adding secondary server and ofcourse there is auditing, they will ask why did i added that unnecessary entries. so please help me to resolve this issue.

13 Replies 13

somishra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Suresh,

Goto Network Config - Select the ACS server entry in the NDG or the AAA clients entry in the Not Assigned Group (the entries you want to remove)and delete the entry.

Rgs,

somishra

There is no delete option, only submit, submit+apply and cancel options are there. Atleast there is no option to edit the name of ACS server.

can anybody help on this?

Is it ACS for Windows or Appliance ?

Its ACS software 4.1.1 build 23 for windows.

Thanks for your support on this.

hi suresh,

The ACS database might be having corruption issue. I would suggest you try to compact the database via the CSUtil in the ACS server. This would compact the database and clean the database if there would be any minor data corruption in the database.

1) On the ACS Server open an MS DOS command prompt and change directories to C:\Program Files\CiscoSecure ACS v4.1\bin

2) Type "net stop csauth" and press enter

3) Type " CSUtil.exe -d -n -l " and press enter

4) For each confirmation prompt that appears, type Y and press Enter.

5) Type " net start csauth " and press enter

Compacting the CiscoSecure user database requires that you stop the CSAuth service. While CSAuth is stopped, no users are authenticated

The steps for Compacting the CiscoSecure User Database is given in the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/A_CSUtil.html#wp364964

Try deleting the server entry after cleaning the database.

rgds,

somishra

Hi somishra

Still it doesn't helped me. I am attaching the screenshot of the duplicate ACSserver, where i am not getting the delete option.

Any suggestions?

I thnk my software is corrupted isn't it.

I think that you must put the ACS server in a named group, then go back to Network Configuration, select the group, select the ACS Server, then Delete. You cannot do this from "Not Assigned".

Wes

Hi

I simulated the above scenario, where i created group and added the servers to that group, when i deleted the group automatically the servers are moving to not assigned group.

it did not worked.

After you select the group, delete the servers, not the group. After the servers have been deleted, then you can delete the group. However, I'm not sure about this.

Wes

Hi

thanks for your reply, I have tried the same, can you please check for the attachment in this chain. i am not getting the delete option.

Mick O'Donovan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just wondering if a fix was ever found for this or if someone opened a TAC on it? I'm having a very similar problem with an old ACS server I'm running. All the AAA clients are assigned to the "Not Assigned" group and I am unable to end this group to make any changes to possibly corrupt entries (maybe the whole group is corrupt).

Every time I try to click on the link to bring me into the Not assigned group I get "Action Cancelled" error pages in IE. I would very much appreciate a "quick fix" to this problem without having to rebuild my database or ACS installation.

Thanks in advance,

MickoD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: