Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Demo Issue

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys,

we have a properly working IPT solution working at head ofice presently. we got two VT cams so i installed to demo. now video is fine internally but the issue is when the user trys to call out. the two associated phones that has the VT cannot make outgoing calls. message states that the call cannot be completed. if i disable video capabilites on the phone everything is fine.

i enabled Retry video and audio both on the phones itself as well as the Voice gateway.

the Video bandwidth was left as default, 384. i know (or at least i think i know) logically that when the user is trying to make the call, it tries to do a video call, and when there is not enough bandwitdh the call fails. i assumed that since this was the case, retry video as audio parameter was to address this scenario.

is there anything that was to be set in the service parameter or elsewhere?

Note: this is a firewall centric design.

any ideas would be greatly appreicated. its not a network down emergency by any means but if we later do decide to do video id obvioiusly have the heads up.

thanks again

4 Replies 4

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

you're saying your two video enabled phones cannot make outgoing calls. Do you mean outgoing PSTN calls ? Are you using PRI to connect to PSTN ?

If the answer is yes to the questions above then try the command below under the voice-port. You might need to reset the port.

bearer-cap Speech

hope that helps !!!

Danny

Hey,

the answer is yes to all. ill try this and see if it works.

thanks

d.chulhan
Level 1
Level 1

fellow trini man, let me know if you still need help with this .... have a couple people in Trini plus I could help you out here if you need any thing....

got through with it but thanks.

give me a call when you get some time if thats possible

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: