serverfarm ROUTE

persistent rebalance

inservice

serverfarm ROUTE

no nat server

no nat client

predictor forward

On the msfc:

ip route 10.32.4.191 255.255.255.255 10.1.11.4 (client vlan alias)

The goal is to balance http traffic without nat on the csm, and to get access for other management traffic also. Because there is no source nat configured (to be able to log the client traffic)there is one default route on the server pointing to 10.32.4.4, the server vlan alias address. After inserting the route on the msfc the following error occured:

%CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 9 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: Got different MAC address (00-1b-78-37-71-b4) from server 10.32.4.191 in response to ARP

What does that mean? I've tried to configure only the server address on the vserver, but that not seems to work. It was not possible to make any direct connections. Connections were only made after i've configured the whole subnet in the vserver configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

your MSFC is responding to the arp request for the server due to the static route.

Configure 'no ip proxy-arp' on the MSFC vlan interface.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

your MSFC is responding to the arp request for the server due to the static route.

Configure 'no ip proxy-arp' on the MSFC vlan interface.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: