cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 vs. 3560

8pcallahan
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any other reasons to pick the 3750 over the 3560 for a branch office switch? I've seen where the main difference is in stacking, which is not really a factor for me.

I have also been told that the lifespan of the 3750 will be longer than the 3560. Is that true?

Retail cost difference is about $5,000 - 7,000 more for the 3750. That is based on the 48 port 10/100/1000 PoE standard and enhanced versions. That could certainly add up quickly. The 3560 would definitely be less expensive.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

yassine-m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The 3750 is stackable switch and provide more performance and scalability than 3560.

Br

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Essentially a 3560 is a stand-alone switch which is ideally suited to a branch deployment where high resiliency is not a requirement.

In comparison the 3750 is a wiring closet enterprise class switch which provides high resiliency, together with stacking capability, and 32Gb backplane when stacked.

Take a look at the video in the following link, this highlight the important features:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/index.html

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card