cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 LAN's on a Cisco 877 possible

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible, but I have a Cisco 877 in a remote office that is setup as a VPN our head office. At the remote site where the 887 is there is a another LAN that we want the remote office to use, but this remote office's 2nd LAN can't connect to the VPN, possible? There are 3 spare FE ports on the back can the other LAN plug into that somehow and be segmented to only use that local LAN?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have an "advaced ip service" image you can configure vlans and assign an own port for that.

Else you can only configure the additional sybnest as "secondary" under VLAN 1 and connect to any port you want.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks, how would I configure the sybnest as secondary?

I suppose routing would stop the traffic going over the VPN as this other LAN cannot have access.

interface XXX

ip address

secondary.

If the crypto map is configured to build a security association for that network too, it will be sent over VPN. Routing doesn't have a direct role in that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco